Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Perfect Meal - CBTL's Chilled Spicy Chicken Pasta

If there's one coffee shop in Quezon City that I always frequent to (before I even discovered Green Coffee in Tomas Morato), it would have to be Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Not only do I love the shop's earth-toned ambiance, their tasty treats and well-brewed drinks drew me closer to becoming one of their loyal customers.

CBTL has become my go-to place for meet-ups with friends. It also turns into my make-shift work space at some days since they provide free wifi (exclusive use for Swirl Card Members). And when I do stay in CBTL, I would usually order their Earl Grey Tea or their chilled Orange Juice. For dessert, my main staple would be their Toblerone Cheesecake. And for their pasta --- the Chilled Spicy Chicken Pasta.

"The perfect blend of hot and cool, this salad is made with a healthy mix of fusilli pasta, shredded chicken breast and our special sauce – all in a bed of fresh romaine lettuce - CBTL
CBTL's Chilled Spicy Chicken Pasta would have to be their most complete meal for me. It had the right mix of vegetables, pasta and chicken strips all in one serving. The tangy dressing, matched with the lavender shavings and chili flakes on top (not sure if these are onions or pomelo bits) also complements the whole dish very well. This to me was pasta-salad heaven. And hungry or not, I'm certain that I could finish everything on my own.

My Chilled Spicy Chicken Pasta was also paired with a free Apricot Ceylon Iced Tea. I was able to get the whole set (pasta + drink) for only Php175 since I used one of my Belle Du Jour vouchers. I only gave an additional Php95 for an extra drink. 


Anyway, the iced tea was so-so. I would have chosen the plain orange juice if it was given as another option.

Overall, my pasta dinner made up for the slight mishap with my choice of drink/s. Then again, it didn't hurt to try something different.

How about you, from their salads, pastas, sandwiches, and drinks, what's your favorite Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf treat?

Explore & Be Free!
Mai

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...