Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dasarang Chicken & Pizza in Jeonju, South Korea

My younger brother and I arrived in Jeonju a few hours earlier than Kuya. And since the 5-hour bus trip from Incheon to Jeonju drained as pretty well, we decided to go around the city on our own. Sure, we got lost for a while. But it didn't take long before we finally saw the famous Cinema Street. The yellow signages for the JEONJU INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL weren't hard to miss. So I was sure that we were on the right path. We also took it upon ourselves to get to know more of the famed street, which lead us to where this fancy English-looking place was. 


There was a cozy, diner feel upon entering the 2-floor restaurant. The place was called Dasarang Chicken and Pizza.

Ok, so on to the hard part! Everything on the menu was mostly written in korean. But there were food shots that helped guide us along the way. 

My brother and I ordered Pizza and some Original and Spicy chicken. And while waiting for our orders, the waitress placed several small bowls that contained different kinds of appetizers. There were these bowls with Radish cubes, coleslaw and some colored cereal corn pops for our eating pleasure. 

 

I later on found out that these ring-like junkfood were actually Korea's version of Popcorn. And if I may say so myself, these treats were really good and tasty! I actually thought about bringing some home in the Philippines, but then I changed my mind the last minute. 

Anyway, what we ordered was a little expensive but the food was actually great. Both the chicken and pizza had a little spiciness to them, which my brother and I really loved. We even had some take-home since Choy couldn't finish the chicken anymore. The food that we ordered was probably good for 3-4 people.

Am I not the most obvious person when it comes to pizza? I absolutely love PIZZAS!
Every slice had that meaty-cheesy goodness!
We had 2 kinds of Chicken (L-R): Original and Spicy, plus our sides. =)


After lunch, we went to the nearest 7-Eleven to get some Ice Cream to treat our taste buds to something sweet. We actually had to share a stick of this cylindrical ice pop (about 6 inches long) since it was too hard for me to finish.

So how about you? How do you find the chicken, pizza and ice cream products made by Korea?

Explore & Be Free!
Mai

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...